Saturday, September 15, 2012

New Bike---well sorta

Gosh, It's been so long since I have posted. Well let's try and start the fire on this again. And a great way is to start with a new ride.

In 2009, a few months after I rode the White rim in a day, aka WRIAD (100 miles) in October 2008, I picked up a closeout Yeti ASR. I got it cheap, I always like Yeti bikes, and it seems like the perfect Full Suspension bike for really long endurance riding. I hung it on the wall with intention in 2009 of riding the WRIAD again and building up the bike. Work got busy with travel and it never happened.

2010: Same story.

2011: Same story....story is getting old...

2012: Here we are. No work trips. Riding a lot. Planning WRIAD Oct 8. The time has come. I needed to build the bike enough ahead of time to burn it in, get used to it and make sure it will work. I don't want to be one of those people who buy new shoes the day before the marathon....oh yeah, I have been there. So three weeks out, It's done. And not only that, I rode it 20 miles today.


It has three key things I hope make my ride better than last time.

--It's 4 pounds lighter.

 --It has a really comfortable saddle.

 --It has grip shifters, rather than trigger shifters--My right thumb has some issue that makes it hard to shift after several hours.

 I am so looking forward to this.