Thursday, September 27, 2007

Follow-up to yesterday

Yesterday was a long ride and a double header softball night. I was wired after softball and felt great.

I went to bed and slept hard. But around 4 am, I woke up having crazy dreams. I also ached like I was in a car wreck. This was in combination with being super relaxed, wanting to just doze off--it was a weird state to be in.

When I finally got up at 7 am, I ran for the meds. After downing a couple of ibuprofen and putting on the coffee., I crawled back in bed for another 15 minutes. I forced myself to get up thinking I was going to be pathetic all day.
After grabbing a cup of coffee I let the dogs drag me out for our daily walk. It was pleasant. My muscles loosened up. I started feeling alive again.

I even rode to work...and oddly enough, it was an amazing feeling--so relaxing. I had no pain the rest of the day. I rode home, then rode to dinner, logging another 20+ miles and currently I feel wonderful.

Just don't give me any hills to climb.